Tel: +612 8915 2643
Tel: +612 9221 5664
Patrick practises in all areas of commercial law and is regularly briefed in large and complex commercial disputes. He joined the NSW Bar in 2014. Prior to joining the NSW Bar, Patrick was an associate at Cravath Swaine & Moore LLP in New York, where he practised as a commercial litigator from 2008 to 2013.
His recent experience includes:
- Appearing for Commonwealth Bank at the 2018 Financial Services Royal Commission.
- Appearing for children of Gina Rinehart in various proceedings concerning the Rinehart family trusts.
- Appearing for the Obeids in proceedings brought by the ACCC alleging cartel conduct.
- Appearing for former directors and officers of Forge Group Ltd in various proceedings arising out of the collapse and insolvency of the Forge Group.
- Appearing for the liquidators of failed managed investment scheme Equititrust Ltd in proceedings against Equititrust’s former directors and auditor, KPMG.
- Appearing for a banking company in proceedings against its former professional advisor, PwC.
- Appearing for listed resources entity Wollongong Coal Ltd in a shipping dispute with industrial conglomerate British Marine PLC.
Patrick is also regularly briefed in representative proceedings, for both lead plaintiffs and defendants. He currently appears in shareholder class actions against AMP, RCR Tomlinson, and IOOF. He currently appears in non-shareholder class actions against Colonial First State and Commonwealth Bank, Toyota, and Jardine Lloyd Thompson.
Patrick holds an LLM from New York University, where he was awarded for his work in competition law and policy. He also holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Sydney.